question

Barabas Claudiu avatar image
Barabas Claudiu asked

Mppt firmware V3.11

I update the firmware at night and now at full sunshine Mppt is off, in Absorption but no load is sustained

Screenshot_20221002_111214_nl.victronenergy.jpg

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Barabas Claudiu answered ·

Low temp cut off was enabled after firmware update and yes I do not connected temp sensor and value "- 124" stopped Mppt to start and charge.

In my opinion that value must be included in widgets under {solar charger 274} in vrm

Or under Remote console in Mppt or in error, this low cut off value must be available to see its value because if temp sens go bad all solar part is off.

Problem is that this is 80 km away from where I stay live slep and so one, and is not nice to make 160km just because some values are not displayed and the entire sistem is off.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

And yes wold be very nice to have all setting from Mppt and shunt or any other device that connect to VE.Bus in vrm

Yes I can put an tablet or phone and remotely connet to it, but it wold be nice to have all under the same roof....

2 |3000

Jörg Becker avatar image
Jörg Becker answered ·

Seems to be the same problem that I had this morning without updating the MPPT firmware! My MPPT showed -18°C. And, yes, it would be very nice to have a hint about the problem in VRM (where I only see that the MPPT output is 0A).

2 |3000

well solution for not showing actual state of charge and batt temp or any other temp, you need to connect the temperature sensor that com with the inverter or with the Shunt i do not know because i have 2 temp sensors like in the link below

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/temperature-sensor-for-bmv-702

so after this connection is done and shunt is configured you must connect the shunt with an PL2303TA USB TTL to RS232 Converter Serial Cable to the USB port of the inverter

i have multiplus II -GX so i heve only one VE Direct and one USB port

i have MPPT connected to the VE direct of the inverter and via Bluetooth MPPT and shunt and i supposed that all the data is shared via Bluetooth with MPPT and MPPT will send it via VE direct to inverter and so one but NO

you must use an PL2303TA USB TTL to RS232 Converter Serial Cable to connect the Shunt to the USB port of the inverter and after Battery data.jpg

State of charge and Temp time to go, current, nice

And remote console will be full of info to Battery data remote cons.jpg

but only if you install /SetupHelper https://github.com/kwindrem/SetupHelper

Thank you kwindrem

2 |3000