question

Jonathan Manjoro avatar image
Jonathan Manjoro asked

EV Charger Modbus address not registered

Hi

I recently installed a Victron EV Charging station, close to an already existing Victron Solar installation (distance between Charging Station and Venus GX is approximately 15 metres)

The EV Charger works fine, but I could not connect it to the Venus GX. I did the Modbus TCP settings on both the charger page and the Venus page. when I go to the charger page I see all other components of the Solar system, But when I go to VRM I cannot see the EV Charger. there is an error message on the GX device, saying "Error processing function code 3, unit id 126, start address 40000, quantity 2, src 192.168.8.51: Modbus address 40000 is not registered"

How do I get this right?

I have attached screenshots for the error and the EV pageScreenshot_20220927_131855_com.android.chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220927_134328_com.android.chrome.jpg

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Jonathan Manjoro answered ·

So, after connecting the EC Charging Station to the same network as the Venus GX, It appeared on the VRM menu of the whole solar system, and I was able to update the Charging station's firmware.

Everything is working perfectly now, thanks to Lucian Popescu for the great support

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi, are both GX and EVCS updated to the latest version?

2 |3000

Jonathan Manjoro answered ·

The Venus is on its latest firmware, I could not get the option to update firmware on the EVCS page, and I could not also see anything on VRM. The EVCS is still on its default version.

2 |3000

Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

can you give me your vrm portal id by email - lpopescu@victronenergy.com

2 comments
2 |3000

yannickst avatar image yannickst commented ·
I have a similar problem on my ESS system. Is it possible that we can get in touch somehow?
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ yannickst commented ·
Hi, yes, my email address is above
0 Likes 0 ·