question

astro400 avatar image
astro400 asked

Easy solar grounding

Hy ,

I try to install in a cabin an offgrid PV System based on an easy Solar 48/3000 150-70. I have question about the connection to ground.

I undestand that inside the easy solar there is a relay connecting Neutral to the chassis, thus ground, when no voltage is present in the generator AC imput .

On the easy solar there is 2 connectors 'GND relay + and -' do I have to connect them to something?

Thanks Michel from France

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Those terminals are for connecting an external Ground Relay.
You will be using the Internal Ground Relay, so you do not need to connect anything to these terminals.

Make sure that the chassis of the EasySolar is connected to a reliable earth system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

astro400 avatar image
astro400 answered ·

Thanks. An other question I want to connect a generator to the AC input. This geneartor as no connection of the chassis to the ground and no connection of the neutral to earth. Thus I imagine that when using the generator since the ground relay will open I will be without the protection of the earth-fault breaker?

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, that is correct.

With the generator floating, the RCD's will not work when the ground relay is open.

0 Likes 0 ·