question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.91~1 available for testing

Good morning,

After releasing v2.90, blog post here, we have a new version available with just two changes; and plan is to release it tomorrow or the day after.

In case you don't know what this message is about, please start with reading this link, which explains the Venus OS beta program. Venus OS is the software running on all our GX devices, such as the Cerbo GX.

Changes:

1. Change DVCC SVS (Shared Voltage Sense) from forced off to installer settable for Freedomwon batteries, including the eTower model. Installing the update will keep the setting to off, after which an installer can recommend it on. In most cases the recommendation will be to enable it for Freedomwon batteries; for further details on that please contact Freedomwon.

2. Small internal change wrt CPU temperature logging to VRM Portal, to slightly reduce data transmission to the VRM Portal.

If you see any issues, welcome to add them below by way of adding and answer.

Best regards, Matthijs

Venus OS
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Hi, we officially released v2.91 today. Same as v2.91~1.

Thanks all!

4 Likes 4 Ā·
nam-erik avatar image nam-erik mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Hi,

it would still be great if Relay 2 settings can be the same as for Relay 1. Currently Relay 2 can only be controlled manually or via temperature. When will this be implemented?

Regards,

Erik

0 Likes 0 Ā·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ nam-erik commented Ā·
Hi, at some point. But I donā€™t know when, sorry. What you could do is look into venus os large. It can control both relays.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
3 Answers
gainestr avatar image
gainestr answered Ā·

ā€œ2. Small internal change wrt CPU temperature logging to VRM Portal, to slightly reduce data transmission to the VRM Portal.ā€

This is an understatement. It reduced my data transmission/log file size by more than 2/3rds. I went from having approx. 1,900 records overnight (8 hour period) to a little over 500 records. Thatā€™s a big reduction! Thank you for this!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
thats more than I anticipated! Good thing its gone! Thanks.
0 Likes 0 Ā·
dylan avatar image
dylan answered Ā·

Could you elaborate why SVS should be switched on for Freedomwon?

4 comments
2 |3000

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented Ā·

This change has been implemented at our request with the concurrence of FreedomWon. We have been finding in some systems there is a different of opinion between the FreedomWon Orion BMS and the Victron as to the battery voltage.

Enabling SVS means the BMS voltage will be preferred. We have only been testing 2.91~1 for a couple of days now but the issues we have had are resolved since the update and enabling of SVS.

Note, this is not forced on with the upgrade but is not longer forced off. Ie. The installer can enable it if necessary.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ā™¦ā™¦ Warwick Bruce Chapman commented Ā·

The DVCC docs (long since in need of updating) still have SVS listed as ON for FW, even though it was subsequently forced off.

screenshot-2022-09-28-at-075859.png

0 Likes 0 Ā·
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman nickdb ā™¦ā™¦ commented Ā·
Best to get a definitive answer from Antony. But as I have it, they requested SVS be set ON and Victron requested rather to set it off in 2.91 but allow it to be set on by installer if required. FW agreed to this approach.

I believe that means FW wants it on but that it can now be turned on if there are issues. All issues we were experiencing have been resolved since updating and enabling SVS.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
I donā€™t think it should be switched on for all Freedomwon systems.

Best is to contact Freedomwon for support on this.

0 Likes 0 Ā·
jjbond avatar image
jjbond answered Ā·

I just noticed I no longer had my 5 Ruuvi's showing on VRM, I logged into the Cerbo and didn't even have them listed, nor did I have any bluetooth listed and the bluetooth light was out on the Cerbo. I had to go all the way back to 2.89 firmware to get the bluetooth to come back on and for the tags to show up again.. what the hecks going on with this firmware you pushed last month Victron? Nothing in the read me about losing and already bad bluetooth stack.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi, with a Cerbo you have to use an external dongle to have proper bluetooth. See the Cerbo manual. Its frustrating, also for me, but that radio isnā€™t reliable and anything other than inserting a 5 usd external dongle is really a waste of time Iā€™m afraid.
0 Likes 0 Ā·

Related Resources