question

moodlyd avatar image
moodlyd asked

BlueNova LiFePo4 Batteries with non VE direct MPPT and no ESS on Multiplus

GOOD DAY, I have a Multiplus 3000/24/70-50; Serial Number : 11200700318.and a bluesolar MPPT 150/70.

I intend installing the Blue Nova LiFePo4 Batteries.

The questions I have:

1.The ESS assistant is not available on this ver of multiplus. So I currently use flags\general flags on the current setup.

What would the settings be for the LiFeP04 batteries?

2.the MPPT does not have a VE direct port and connects via VE Can. I do have a colour controller.

Will this setup work on the Blue Nova, that is connecting the MPPT to the CCGX via Canbus?

Please assist

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium Battery
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nigelfxs avatar image nigelfxs commented ยท

I recommend contacting BlueNova directly - they are very helpful. Ph. +2721 205 2000

0 Likes 0 ยท
moodlyd avatar image moodlyd nigelfxs commented ยท

Hi, Thanks, i sent the, an email as well

0 Likes 0 ยท
1 Answer
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ยท

The settings for Bluenova are:

Absorption 56.2v

Float 55.5v

Low voltage cut out 49v

Inverter restart 53v

Low voltage alarm 50v

As for the two running on the same CANBus I donโ€™t know, both the CanBus charger and bluenova run at 250kbps, so at least you donโ€™t have conflicting CanBus speeds. Best would be to try it, I have some of both in stock and can run a test and see? Alternatively, swop out the CanBus MPPT for one with Ve.direct.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

moodlyd avatar image moodlyd commented ยท

Hi Murraunated, thanks for the prompt response.

I don't have the batteries yet to test, would be great if you can do a test?

Also, regarding using the older Multiplus that cannot run the ESS assistant, would there be any issues from using flags, would you know?

0 Likes 0 ยท