question

piou avatar image
piou asked

Cyrix-Li-Ct not connecting batteries

I put a Cyrix-Li-Ct between starting (lead acid)and house batteries (LFP). But the Cyrix never connect the two batteries even when the alternator and the starting battery is at 14.4V!!! Same thing if the house battery is at 14.4V by the Victron MPPT on solar panels.

Of course when I push on the "start assist" the Cyrix connect for 30 seconds.

As my LFP battery is not Victron's one the BMS is hidden inside, so I cannot connect the BMS on the Cyrix-Li-Ct!

Any chance to fix this problem?

battery connection
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

Hello @piou ....the device is designed to only operate when the BMS provides a ATC (allowed to charge) signal. The voltages present are a condition of operation but without the ATC signal I am afraid it will never close (apart from your emergency parallel use case). Perhaps you may consider an Orion DC-DC charger to take the alternator energy and safely provide a 3 stage charging solution for your lithium battery. You can still have the Cyrix-LI-CT for emergency parallel and use the Orion for alternator charging of the Lithium battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

piou avatar image
piou answered ·

First time I heard about a 3stage charging solution for LFP batteries! Any chance to know how is the ATC signal made of? As the connection is only +, it has to be quite simple... Instead of knowing that I can put my two Cyrix-Li-Ct to garbage and that's a pity!!! As I have two Orion DC-DC on my boat, could you explain how I can use them?

Thank you very much!

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic