question

fploof avatar image
fploof asked

SmartSolar MPPT 75/15 load output not working

The voltage is around 14 but when I hook up to my Inverter, see pic for model, voltage drops and inverter will not start. Inverter hooked to 12v battery works fine... This is a new CC....

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Victron don't recommend inverters directly from the 'load' terminals. My google fails me, but there's this: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/drafts:mppt_faq See Q4. There's more.. somewhere..

Best to use inverters directly from the batts, and if you need to use the V-cutoff functionality, perhaps use a relay.

I suspect the 'better' inverters suffer this moreso than the cheapies. Takes more grunt to 'fill' them, and that may take so little time the 'spark' may not even get registered.

Note that 'load' terminals aren't even available on Victron's higher end units. Handy for dc camping lights, etc., but inverters is a step up.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic