question

jacodutoit avatar image
jacodutoit asked

SOC jumps from 65%-95% in minutes

Good day, I have a MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-48 , SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can 250/70 rev2 and a 14.3kWh Solar MD battery.

I have seen that the SOC jumps from 65-95% in seconds. This is happening daily. I think it has to be a setting somewhere but not sure so would appreciated some guidance.

1662969176257.png

SOC
1662969176257.png (17.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

That is the battery's BMS doing that. Nothing you can set, you will need to chat to the manufacturer to see why the BMS is synchronising prematurely, or drifting like that.

Correctly configured https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:solar_md the Inverter just reports what the BMS sends.

I've seen similar trends on some other batteries, some BMS's just aren't great.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jacodutoit avatar image jacodutoit commented ·
Thanks Nick will chat to guys from Solar MD
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Jacodutoit

That is the VE bus SOC widget.

That comes from the internal monitor of the Victron. So maybe the battery capacity, state of charge when bulk is finished or efficiency is not set correctly there.

Are you using the logger? Try loading the solar md battery monitor widget if is it CAN connected. It will/should be more accurate.

Is the system set up as described here?

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

If a BMS is connected that widget shouldn't be available, so it doesn't appear the battery is correctly configured as per the docs we have both referenced. It would explain the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic