question

Susan avatar image
Susan asked

How to connect 2 batteries instead of 1?

We are unstalling a new system in our off grid house. The dealer sold us one Fortress eFlex 4.5kWh battery, but we ended up with two. So we want to install them in parallel, 48 volts (52 volts actually measured on them.) Since the original system was simple, the dealer did not include any battery combiners, protectors, or isolators. Right now I just have both positive battery cables hooked to a busbar and both negative cables hooked to a separate busbar. From those busbars, the heavy cables go to a VE panel box, and from there to Multiplus Ii 48 volt 3000 inverter charger. We have a BMV 515 smart shunt in the VE panel box, a Cerbo GX, a GX touch 50 display, a VE smart dongle and an150 85 MPPT solar controller. Plus 8 Canadian bifacial solar panels. So will our sytem work with just busbars, or do I need to add some sorta lynx system? What do we gain or lose by adding more components? I like the idea of the device that protects the batteries and shuts them off if we get down to 10%. Part numbers please, if you think I need to add something. Thanks!

Lithium BatteryBattery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.