question

Barabas Claudiu avatar image
Barabas Claudiu asked

MPPT Remote config and VM AC load value

Hello

i have some problems my setup

Victron MULTIPLUS-II 48/5000/70-50 GX -> grid is connected no feed in is set and ext. current sensor connected

Victron Energy SmartSolar MPPT 250/100 VE.Can, connected to inverter by ve.direct

Victron Energy Lynx Power In as a buss bar

Victron Smartshunt 500A/50mV connected to MPPT via bluethooth

8x Sharp NU-JD540

JK-BMS B2A24S20P {not connected to inv via CAN} on the 16 x 304ah 3.2v prismatic lifepo4 new battery cells

1. When inverter is set to "inverter only" the displayed load is 300W and more -> Grid inv inv only.jpg

grid-inv-inv-only.jpg

but when inverter is set to "ON" the displayed load is 150W ->200W -> Grid inv ON.jpg

grid-inv-on.jpg

All this with the same load no load added or removed, write this to not get answer like you added or removed load!!!

Q -> what is the reason for different load displayed when inv is set to Inverter only or ON?

2. Regarding MMPT settings, ext control is displayed in VM, and different V in Victron connect and remote VM

0-mpt-remote.jpg

in remote console MMPT -> Networked Operation charge voltage is set 60.8 but in the MMP via Bluetooth voltage is set to 55V

2-mppt-remote-charge-v-608.jpg1-mmpt-remote.jpg

Q -> what is the reason for different V

Q -> is there a way to fully control MMP from VM remote console like from Bluetooth APP ?

Q -> what is the reason "ext control" is displayed? what device is controlling the MMPT?

Q -> in MMPT absorption is set to 55.2 and batt voltage is still rising, why?

screenshot-20220831-131624-comvictronenergyvictron.jpg

3. In the VM no matter what state of charge battery have, displayed value do not go under 90% even when inv was disconnected due to low battery

4 unfortunately JK BMS do not working as it should and do not turn off charging when one cell reach the set "over voltage value" which is 3.55

ess config is attached

rvsc-upload.jpg

when i try to upload RVSC file

i try to make it zip rar let it in RVSC format -> have the same error

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NOL2cFnO1g&feature=emb_imp_woyt

MPPT Controllersac
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@clauberty

Is your mppt set using the lithium battery profile?

The 60.8v might be referring to an equalisation voltage.

The battery voltage pack total will be rising if your pack is not balancing fast enough. It happens on other batteries as well, the difference is that the can connected bms will tell the system to stop charge.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Barabas Claudiu answered ·

Yes it is set as user defined mode

Please read what is written in the screenshot before 60.8V

well bms have 2A active balancing but please watch the YouTube video and you can see that BMS want to stop charging and it sop charging for 1->2s and after switch ON charging and after 1->2s OFF again and so one

problem is BMS is not doing his job to stop charging when cell OVP value is reached

i want to set charging V to 55.2 and is set in MPPT but in VM 60.8 is set and even i set the V to 54 ot 53.6 that is float voltage charging is still performed battery voltage keep rising

yes regarding CAN connected BMS but i did not connected because of the connector so tiny and specific

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Barabas Claudiu answered ·

So the answer to my questions

Q -> what is the reason for different V

Q -> is there a way to fully control MMP from VM remote console like from Bluetooth APP ?

Q -> what is the reason "ext control" is displayed? what device is controlling the MMPT?

Q -> in MMPT absorption is set to 55.2 and batt voltage is still rising, why?

READ THE USER MANUAL!!!

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/configuration.html

" 4.6. MPPT Solar Charger

In ESS, the MPPT Solar Chargers will follow the charge curve as set in VEConfigure. The charge parameters configured in the MPPT Solar Chargers themselves are ignored in an ESS setup.

The Charge current, however, still needs to be configured in the MPPTs.

MPPT with VE.Direct comm. port

No special configuration is necessary."

But the problem is that i read the user manual and i understand the above statement

What i do not understand what is the reason for ESS still overwriting MPPT settings when charger is NOT ENABLED IN VEConfigure, and in ESS setup wizard setting for battery is:

1 Battery system is set to "system use LiFePO4 with other type BMS ..."

2 Battery type selection is set to "Do not change battery type"

Why is not specified in manual that even if charger in VEConfigure is not enabled ESS will still use the values from charger TAB,

Don't you think should this be specified in user manual no meter what is this ->

a) an unsolved problem -> BUG

b) an intended way of behavior

Workaround would be to not use ESS

- but i need it, i do not feed in but when solar not available and battery is in discharged state pass true is my option

or to disconnect MPPT from VE BUS but then what use is the monitoring in VM is for?

Question -> what values must i set in the charger TAB to use the Tail-Current?

and where i can specify the Tail-Current value?

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @clauberty

You don't need ESS to bring on ACIN automatically. This can be done with other Assistants, like Generator Stop & Start, and the Ignore AC function. This then gives you back simpler controls. The mppt Tail function is in the mppt Expert settings I think, and you'd be able to use it without ESS.

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic