question

taylortops avatar image
taylortops asked

What is MPPT state 245?

I'm occasionally getting MPPT state 245. I can't find it defined anywhere in the doco. Does anyone know?

MPPT Controllerscommunication protocol
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jewesta avatar image
jewesta answered ·

Hey! I do not have an official answer for you. But I'm seeing this too and I have noticed that this only happens under the following circumstances:

• The charger only switches to 245 if the state was 0 (off) before. Also, if the state is 245, the next state is always 3 (bulk). So it's 0 > 245 > 3
  • 245 is only held for a maximum of 5s, usually much less.
  • For me it only happens during the first ca. 1/2h of significant daylight in the morning and the last ca. 1/2h of significant daylight in the afternoon.
  • It happens several times within these timeframes

So I am guessing this is kind of a "pre-start" or "calibrating" state right after the panels supply enough energy (threshold) for the charger to start but before actual charging begins.

For completeness' sake the full list:

State Meaning
0 Off
2 Fault
3 Bulk
4 Absorption
5 Float
6 Storage
7 Equalize
245 Pre-Charge / Calibrating?
252 ESS

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul Simon avatar image
Paul Simon answered ·

As per the documentation of the ve.direct hex protocol "Device state values (register 0x0201)" state 245 means "The device is about to start (signal to external control)".

2 |3000

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic