question

TiaanGreensun avatar image

Cannot access the color control remotely, what could be the cause?

CCGX Color Control
1 comment
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Please tell us more. Do you have it networked to VRM portal, etc?

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi,

Have you read through this troubleshooting document and followed all the tests and recommendations?

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:troubleshooting_ccgx_vrm_connectivity

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

As JohnC said, we do need more info. To get it working out of the box you need to enable remote console on VRM, click on disable password and reboot the color control.

2 comments Share

Hi, yes, everything is enabled as it should be, the site sends data to vrm, but I can't get on to the console display.

How good is your internet connection? I use a 4G modem in a relatively poor signal area and find that timeout occasionally although data is uploaded to VRM. I also think there may be a connection lag when the colour control is uploading and you are trying to connect at the same time. Purely guess work for now as I may be unable to connect to the console for a few hours, but data is still uploaded to the portal. Somehow it always returns without the need for reboots.