question

best-lithium-battery avatar image
best-lithium-battery asked

BMV712 temperature error

I have installed the temperature sensor for the BMV712. It has measured temperature correctly for 2 months. But suddenly it shows about 20°C too low. When the temperature increases by 10°C, the number changes by about 10 degrees but still shows 20 degrees too low. I have restarted by loosening and checking the glass fuse. I assume that pure coincidence but the error was discovered when I via bluetooth changed settings with relay control from low SOC to temperature. However, I have tried to change back but no difference. Could the resistance in the sensor have broken, but if so the resistance must be changed which seems odd?

Temperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Check and re-seat the connections especially the where black wire from the temperature sensor connects to the shunt and also the RJ12 connectors at the shunt and the BMV.
If any of the contacts have a bad connection then the increased resistance of will cause erroneous readings.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

best-lithium-battery avatar image
best-lithium-battery answered ·

Thanks Wkirby for your comment. I have double checked wires and connectors, however seems not be the issue.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor