question

downbeathunter avatar image
downbeathunter asked

SOC keeps clearing around 50%

Greetings.

New to all this, but trying to run a small load (dc fridge & lights) in little travel trailer.

280Ah LiFePo4 & BMV712. I have 2 Victron solar chargers, but they are currently disconnected while I figure this out. BMV is running most recent firmware (4.08)

Charging is fine (Aims 75amp). If I discharge quickly (200W/hr) everything seems normal, SOC decreases steadily until I stop it at around 10% SOC. However, if I let it run with a small load (just the fridge ~ 35Ah/Day) it runs for 3-4 days, gradually decreasing SOC & increasing "Ah used" and then these figures just clear themselves - no values shown.

Pics included;

• home screen with voltage but no SOC/Ah Used
  • "trends" showing the last week with a quick discharge, recharge and then 3 days slow usage until it just ends
  • battery settings.

For what it's worth, BMS voltage matches the BMV's pretty consistently.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

img-0996.jpeg

img-0994.jpeg

img-0995.jpeg

SOC
img-0996.jpeg (112.1 KiB)
img-0994.jpeg (136.1 KiB)
img-0995.jpeg (145.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

Your battery BMS likely freaks out because of deep discharge and disconnects the loads, killing all Victron sensors, so when power gets bac on they start over to synchronize.Seems either your battery capacity is wrong or you have imbalances, that cause disconnects / shutdown of your bmv/cerbo.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

downbeathunter avatar image downbeathunter commented ·
Thanks for the thoughts, interesting angle, however the BMS is set for low voltage cutoff of 12v (or 3/cell) and shows no cutoffs in it's history. (JBD BMS)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic