question

rosey78 avatar image
rosey78 asked

DNO Approval G99 Multiplus II 48/8000

I'm looking to add a Multiplus II 48/8000 for AC battery to my current Solar PV. Has anyone applied for G99 approval for this? When I go on he UK power Networks G99 portal its not listed, but does have the Quattro 48/8000 listed. Not sure if I can apply for the Multiplus approval or have to look at getting the Quattro as its already listed? Thanks!

Multiplus-IIMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·

@Rosey78 Do you already have an G99 export sorted for your solar PV? If you not planning on exporting outside of daylight hours, I wouldn't worry about it if you already have a G99/G98 sorted for your PV as all the network are mainly interested in is what impact peoples loads have on the network will have on their infrastructure. The most important thing is the inverter does not discharge to the grid in the event of a power failure, which you can set up in VE configure. Not being on the pre-approve list doesn't mean you can not submit your inverter as part of your DNO application but the process for getting it accepted is complicated to say the least. You'll need to be a competent electrical engineer to get though that.

0 Likes 0 ·
zebadee avatar image zebadee commented ·

I saw this on https://www.ena-eng.org/gen-ttr/ looking at the published date, does this mean we are moving forward with potential approval for the 48/8000 or is this just my wishful thinking?

type-test.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
type-test.jpg (241.3 KiB)
2 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Rosey78 Do you already have an G99 export sorted for your solar PV? If you not planning on exporting outside of daylight hours, I wouldn't worry about it if you already have a G99/G98 sorted for your PV as all the network are mainly interested in is what impact peoples loads have on the network will have on their infrastructure. The most important thing is the inverter does not discharge to the grid in the event of a power failure, which you can set up in VE configure. Not being on the pre-approve list doesn't mean you can not submit your inverter as part of your DNO application but the process for getting it accepted is complicated to say the least. You'll need to be a competent electrical engineer to get though that.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rosey78 avatar image rosey78 commented ·
I asked my installer from 2018 for the DNO details, but they have not come back to me, so I've applied myself, however the online portal would not allow me to submit for the Multiplus II 48/8000, only the Quattro 48/8000, which is over kill for me. So in the end I decided to submit for the 48/5000, which will do 80/90% of what I need, I'm only going to wire as AC parallel, as my PV is too large for AC coupled (7kw) with Pylontech Batteries on order too. Maybe in the future I'll look at the 8000 or a second 5000.
1 Like 1 ·
Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK rosey78 commented ·
I have a 6kW PV on my AC out1 on my 48/5kva. No issues but you need to have the ability to shut down the PV still in the event of a power cut other wise you could be generating energy with no where for it to go which could damage some of the equipment. I have an interlock between my Multiplus and my PV inverter in that should the grid fail, the PV goes down to 10% via a 0-10v comms wire which means tmy PC outputs about the same as my baseload.
1 Like 1 ·
paulo-m avatar image
paulo-m answered ·

Just make sure the pylontech have a higher charge/discharge rate than the inverter. There is a table in the link below for the US2000 but you can adjust the numbers for your model/number modules. We have a multi II 48/5000 and seen 4.8kW (close to 100A) discharge without issues but anything over that will be imported from the grid (at a premium). Hope it helps.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

2 |3000