question

alnavasa avatar image
alnavasa asked

Wet lead battery settings for MPPT 100/50

What are the best settings or the best preset, for a 3 x 120ah (800A) batteries bank. The batteries are wet lead with the ability to top up each of the six cells with de-mineralised water.

All the settings I can see are for either AGM or Gel, or Lithium...

I don’t really want to be messing or testing settings and editing the presets and have a look... I would like to know if one of the presets fits, and if none does, then make one.

MPPT Controllersbattery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It's best to consult your batteries' documentation to set the correct parameters for them.
There can be some variance between manufacturers / models.
Also pay close attention to the Equalisation Voltage settings too.

Sorry, we can't provide a definite answer without knowing any ,ore information.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Best would be to set it up using VictronConnect, set the battery type to user defined and then set the charge parameters according to the battery manufacturers specifications

2 |3000

neoneddy avatar image
neoneddy answered ·

The AGM profile will do you ok.

But you can do 14.5 to 15 v on bulk / absorb on wet cells, just watch the water.

Float around 13.6

2 |3000

alnavasa avatar image
alnavasa answered ·

From the manufacturer I got no answer, well I can't even contact any information or contact email (Movilbat)

Any standard settings for 140 amps wet lead with the ability to top up each of the six cells with de-mineralised water?

2 |3000

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

I use flooded daily cyclers, and the Victron defaults are perfect. 14.4V abs and 13.8V float. There'll be a preset 'flooded' one to pick out if you've changed it.

A maintenance charge might only need to see 13.2V every day. So depends what you're doing with them. Temp compensation is fine/best left on, so you'll see deviations from those V's in practice.

2 comments
2 |3000

alnavasa avatar image alnavasa commented ·

Cant find any preset as "flooded daily cyclers"

Those values match with gel batteries preset.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ alnavasa commented ·

Hi,

According to the manual https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-BlueSolar-charge-controller-MPPT-100-30---100-50-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE.pdf

page 10, preset 0, 1, 2, and 3 are suitable for equalization for flooded cell batteries.

Pick the preset that matches your batteries recommended charging voltages.

0 Likes 0 ·