question

arrgen avatar image
arrgen asked

Quattro 48/10000 ignores AC In 2 current limit

Hello

I am using six Quattro 48/10000 inverter/chargers connected in parallel with a set of LiFePo4 batteries. The AC In 1 connection of each unit is connected in parallel to an AC generator with an output of 230V, set to a current limit of 24A per Quattro unit, and is designated as a generator input. The AC in 2 connection of each unit is connected in series to a male 16A connector through a 16A Type C Magnetic Circuit Breaker to facilitate a 230V mains connection, is set to a current limit of 2A per Quattro unit, and is designated as a shore power input.

When I provide 230V to AC In 2 by connecting the 16A male connector to mains, the power drawn through AC In 2 increases continually, over the 12A/2760W that I have specified as a limit for AC In 2, causing the Magnetic Circuit Breaker to trip eventually.

Can anyone help me address why the AC In 2 current limit is being ignored?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerquattro 10kva
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image Mike Dorsett commented ·
At this power level (60kW) why are you operating in parallel rather than as a 3 phase system? Just curious...

Have you tried swapping the AC1 and AC2 input functions / designation?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

The AC in and AC out cables of all units must have the same length ac cables. so check the below

measure the AC1 in voltage and amps on each unit then do the same on AC1 out all units should have the same amps and voltage plus or minus a few amps (under 5)

keep the same load all legs should have the same amps and AC voltage if they are different , then look at cable lengths.

as you have 6 x quattro 10,000 units then the Master's current draw AC1 is multiplied by 6 and then then its suppose to limit based on that.

However I am also having a lot of AC in limit issues on 4 of my sites all these sites are 2 x quattro 8000 24v units all on 497fw

see if that brings any light to your issue

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.