question

completeelectrical avatar image
completeelectrical asked

Load shedding via a control system

We have added a Multiplus II after the house had already been wired and the Unit is remote from the main DB so cannot use the AC2 out.

We do have a control system that can receive an Input in a contact closure I/O unit within a meter of the Multi so want to use the Victron I/O on the multi as an output to trigger an input to shed my loads

What I'm stuck on is how to configure the I/O on the multi.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Simpler way would be to use a relay on AC2 to drop the loads. You could then run multiple relays if needed - in different locations. Relay coils for 240 /120 Ac as appropriate.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

completeelectrical avatar image
completeelectrical answered ·

I'd rather not add additional equipment such as power supplies and relays and circuit breakers just to achieve something that's already built into the multi plus, but has little to no documentation on how to use it.

2 |3000