Multipluss-II with eTower Batteries stats not updating

Hi

I have the following setup:

MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-48
Color Control GX
Etower freedom won x2 modules (200ah)
SmartSolar MPPT VE.Can 250/100 rev2 with 12 panels on the roof
1660653223159.png

Everything works as far as I can see, except that the VRM does not update the battery V,A or watts correctly, the SOC and battery % updates in realtime.

If I redetect the battery, the stats will refresh correctly, but they never move from the last values.

The battery is connected via the CAN cable provided by the freedom Won installation.

I have access to the VRM of an identical site and the stats does update in realtime, the only difference I can see in settings is a CCGX firmware version difference where the working one as an older firmware (v2.73) and mine using v2.89.

Any ideas why ?

battery chargingbattery
1660653223159.png (10.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

If you can't see realtime updates directly on the GX then you won't see it on VRM. I would update it to current.

If that fails, may be worth resetting the BMS on the master (hold the reset in until the LEDs cycle), in case it has got itself stuck.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

charl-de-bruyn avatar image charl-de-bruyn commented ·

I see the remote console is also stuck

1660657864155.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1660657864155.png (48.3 KiB)
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ charl-de-bruyn commented ·
Update first to current GA code, then try the reset. Or vice versa, if you're onsite or not.
0 Likes 0 ·
charl-de-bruyn avatar image charl-de-bruyn nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Reboot via GX controller seems to have fixed the issue.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual  

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic