question

agroventuresperu avatar image
agroventuresperu asked

What Can a Distributor Diagnose Remotely that a Qualified Engineer Can't Locally?

My distributor keeps pressuring me into giving them remote access to my system. I don't really trust them as they haven't demonstrated much professionalism in their after-sales support. What could a distributor diagnose remotely that a qualified engineer with the proper tools couldn't diagnose with direct physical access to the entire system?

My system consists of a CerboGX/Touch50, Smart Solar 250/100, Multiplus 48/5000, and Pylontech US3000 batteries. The problem I'm having is likely due to the Pylontechs.

victronsupport
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

probably very little. If you think the problem is with the Pylontech's (not talking to the GX?) then you need physical access to the CAN bus from the pylontechs to diagnose this. There may be some data that would be uploaded to VRM (or not bing uploaded) that could indicate the problem, but this would be best diagnosed by Victron staff.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

The difference is the distributor deals with this stuff everyday. The engineer would most likely not deal with these products every day. The distributor would be very aware of latest software issues. The engineer may be aware but usually not as aware as the distributor.

You may like to share the problem you are experiencing and perhaps the collective wisdom of the group may be able to provide some insights.

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Having access to VRM/console can be a huge help in confirming or narrowing down where a problem likely is and double checking settings. You'd be surprised how often someone can miscommunicate what has been done.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron - Where to buy - Authorised Installers, Sales and Distribution

Warranty and Repairs.