question

Todd Wackford avatar image
Todd Wackford asked

Question on Comms for Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120

About to purchase a Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120 Inverter/Charger and the MultiPlus Digital Multicontrol Panel.

Can I connect the Inverter to both the Control Panel RJ45 and RPI GX via MK3 RJ45 at the same time? Is there anything to be aware of?

TIA

VE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Yes, only thing is when a digital control panel is connected, you cannot turn on/off the inverter (or change AC-in current) with the Venus device.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Todd Wackford avatar image Todd Wackford commented ·

So I can't send command on/off, or current limits via MODBUS-TCP input registers? Or, I cannot modify via Venus device user interface?

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ Todd Wackford commented ·

That is correct.
If you're smart with the software side, you might want to make your own control panel :)

https://community.victronenergy.com/articles/12400/service-to-turn-multiplus-onoff-via-digital-input.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Todd Wackford avatar image Todd Wackford boekel ♦ commented ·

After reading the article referenced, I think I may have worded my original question incorrectly.

I want to be able to turn off the charger side of the multi via modbus-tcp register input/command if it connected to the control panel. Is that possible?

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ Todd Wackford commented ·

I -think- you cannot do this when connected to the panel, as the Venus is not capable of doing this also when the panel is connected, there can be only one VE.bus device 'master' of the system.

That's why I suggested not using the 'digital remote panel' so you'll be able to control the system through modbus.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'turn of charger side', do you mean force to troughput mode or set AC-in limit to zero?
(will this be an off-grid system, ESS, ??)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources