question

bcborn avatar image
bcborn asked

MPPT 75/15 settings

Can I program the MPPT Smartsolar 75/15 to the following Intersate and Battle Born specs

Battle Born.jpeg

HD24-DP Cut Sheet jb.pdf

MPPT Controllers
battle-born.jpeg (586.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Louis van der Walt avatar image
Louis van der Walt answered ·

Yes,
Use VictronConnect on your phone to connect to your MPPT. Once connected go to the settings (gear icon), then battery. Choose the Battery preset as User Defined and then you can set the values that your battery require.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bcborn avatar image bcborn commented ·
Thank You
0 Likes 0 ·
bcborn avatar image bcborn bcborn commented ·

Below is the Interstate Battery Manufacturers specs for solar charging, The Renogy 1st gen Voyager Controller output specs that came attached to the panel are in brackets.

Bulk Requirement - 15.60 Volts (Voyager 10VDC - 14 VDC)

Absorption Requirement - 15.56 Volts (Voyage 14.7 Volts)

Float Requirement - 13.5 Volts (Voyager 13.6 Volts)

Equalization Requirement 16 Volts (Voyager 15.5 Volts)

Could the difference in numbers above be the reason the controller never reaches full charge (Float Stage) as presented on Controller? I.E Not enough sun exposure in a given day for Renogy Controller.

The battery indicator lights in the trailer start out at 3 lights (4 lights full charge) do show full charge by days end. I'm not sure on its accuracy as I have not checked the Voltage reading at the battery terminals when the 4 lights are displayed.

I take it the Victron MPPT 75/15 will address this issue as I can set the charge controller to the battery requirements for each stage.

0 Likes 0 ·