question

sungunner avatar image
sungunner asked

2nd Smart Shunt Disconnecting from Venus

I have a Raspberry Pi 3B running Venus running version v2.87

I also have 2 SmartShunts 500A/50mV on two separate USB ports. One is to monitor the coach batteries and one is to monitor the chassis battery. Both have been reporting fine but sometimes the coach battery or Chassis battery drops off the VE network. When I'm at the RV I'm able to connect via bluetooth and reset the connection but now the RV is in storage for a couple of weeks and the the coach batteries are loosing the connection. Eventually I will be adding solar to the RV. I really appreciate this ability! I will also be adding an additional Pi running Home Assistant and looking to get the data using the modbus interface.

I just updated to Venus 2.89 and was wondering if this may have been addressed.

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
richardford avatar image
richardford answered ·

are you using the victron usb to ve.direct cable, or a DIY cable?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sungunner avatar image
sungunner answered ·

Sorry for the delay. I've been away from this project for quite some time. Yes these are DYI cables. If anyone can point me in the direction of a 12" long ve.direct cable to usb I would be interested to try. My venus PI is only 12" from both battery monitors and I don't have room for 2-10 meter cables.

2 |3000

sungunner avatar image
sungunner answered ·
2 |3000

Related Resources