question

choicelocks avatar image
choicelocks asked

Unable to resolve Easysolar Pylontech alarms

New install 3000 48v ess 3.6kva pv 2 pylontech 2000c correct leads. Pylontech have gone rapidly from half charge to full charge then no charge on led displays. Inverter shows alarm on battery. Vrm says that password is incorrect. And no ac connected. Although showing some history. Pv is generating.
We have tried ideas over phone with retailer. Do you think it’s faulty inverter.

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@choice.locks

What does the GX show? Not alarms? Are the pylons registering on the GX.

Reset the inverter to default. Put basic programming back on, no ess if you are offgrid. Reset the mppt and do the same.

Does sound like the batteries are dead though... no lights = no one is home, on and off. Something is unhappy. What are the charge voltages? Have you followed the settings here?

Disconnect them from the inverter and see if they start up then. If they do, switch them off. Connect mppt only, switch them on, see if they charge. If nothing happens then they are dead.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

choicelocks avatar image choicelocks commented ·
Battery alarm is showing on small blue window on front of easy solar. It also says batteries 100% charge.

we are trying to get into vrm but are only getting mppt showing on devices.
voltage on batteries is both 51.4

someone sad to balance battery voltage. I bought the pylontech because they were promoted as plug and play by victron. No instructions for how to do this in the chinglish pylontech manual though. But then there was no information regarding only using the additional cost victron communication cable. I can see that a lot of the victron setup depends on items you don’t buy as part of the actual easy solar. I spent about 5 months on the net researching inverters. I am quite upset to see this amount of problems. I think I will put a you tube video of all of this together if victron doesn’t help. I could have bought one of those £500 jobs and had less problems.

how do you only connect mppt on an all in one easy solar.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ choicelocks commented ·

@choice.locks

Did you use the guide page?

New pylons often have battery alarms. It is highlighted as a know issue at the bottom of the page. It is not just Pylontec other battteries we have used donthe same.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

Do you have the multi 2 gx?

An extra mppt can be added with a ve direct to usb.

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/ve-direct-to-usb-interface

0 Likes 0 ·
choicelocks avatar image choicelocks Alexandra ♦ commented ·
So what do you think turn the easy solar 2 gx / pv array / 2 pylontech on and ignore all the information. And see if it settles down after a few days? how about vrm communication and fact easy Solar is not showing on devices is this to be ignored for now too? Do I just conclude it’s a victron there’s nothing to worry about?
0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ choicelocks commented ·
@choice.locks

Seems you've already made your conclusions.

Setting up an ESS system properly is usually the realm of an experienced installer. Or for someone prepared to research thoroughly how to do it. Victrom has masses of info on most things, even online training for deeper insights.

Alexandra is an experienced installer, and indeed a valued Moderator on this forum, with direct access to the very top. She's trying to help you out. With little/nothing to work on.

As I see it the Victron kit is reporting messages from the Pylons. Maybe ask them too..

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ choicelocks commented ·
What battery alarm is it? You are not clear there - high voltage on new sets is normal. Did you follow the guide, also unclear from your reply?

Followed the recommended cabling size in the inverter manual?

I have and have seen Multi 2 GXs with Pylontecs in the field running now without issue, except the high voltage alarms when they were new (kept them on batteries charged for about a week until they had calmed down).

Multi is not registering? Check internal connections, maybe in handling something came unplugged?

These are not difficult things here. Takes a bit of time sure when you are unfamiliar with the equipment. And all the information is available online.

Even DIY guys are stripping units to see inside. Yes, the video link is a 3kVa, the multi 2s are very similar though.

0 Likes 0 ·
gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

Were the 2x Pylontech batteries correctly balanced (between themselves) before connecting to your inverter/charger?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Also if you are trying to precharge the inverter with them, that may be the issue.

0 Likes 0 ·