question

thepirate1973 avatar image
thepirate1973 asked

VE Bus connection to Orion 12 12 30 Isolated Smart Charger

How do I connect the VE Bus to the Orion DC Charger in order to gain the necessary protection, whilst still having engine start detection?

VE.Busorion dc-dc
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

@Thepirate1973 The Orion does not have any VEbus, VEDirect or VECan connectivity (unfortunately). Depending on what you are trying to do you might be able to use the remote terminals. If you tell us a bit more about your system it would be helpful.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thepirate1973 avatar image
thepirate1973 answered ·

Yes, I would like use the Charger/Load line outs of the VE BUS to operate the remote switch this would be for protection only - I would still like to be able operate the Charger via either Ignition detection or key.

2 |3000

johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

You can do many things using your BMS output signals to stop charging, discharging, disable chargers, disconnect the charge bus or even disconnect your fuel pump to shut down your engine when the battery is full.

You can also do it like anyone else and just configure the charge voltages properly to your battery requirements on each controller and you are done.

2 |3000