question

aksel227 avatar image
aksel227 asked

XLR adapter

Is there such thing as an XLR adapter for the victron blue smart chargers?

battery connection
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

What sort of XLR adaptor and what do you want to use it for? Most likely you could make your own if you have a specific requirement.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

eightysix avatar image eightysix commented ·

@WKirby

I know this is an old post, but I have the same question as above. I have a victron IP65 24V charger and I need to connect it to a pride mobility scooter, which is running 2 - 12V LiFePo4 batteries as direct replacements for the AGMs. Both batteries are monitored/controlled via bluetooth/app, the victron also obviously has a monitoring app. I want to adapt the victron charger to a 3 pin XLR so I can charge the batteries with the Victron, onboard the scooter, through it's charge port. Currently, I take the seat off and charge the batteries with the scooter's wiring harness off, and jumper the batteries to make 24V. It works fine, it's just a hassle. Can the appropriate XLR male connector be wired to the business end of the IP65 charger to feed the scooter through its female XLR port?

thanks for any thoughts

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ eightysix commented ·
It may well be possible to do this. Unfortunately, I can't advise how to wire the male XLR connector because I don't know how the female end is wired within the scooter.
0 Likes 0 ·
eightysix avatar image eightysix wkirby ♦♦ commented ·
Hi wkirby,

I can and would verify the pos, and neg positions of the 3 pins on the scooter. I found a victron adapter online, but my local dealer says it isn't available.

VECIP65-XLR. It has an inline 30amp blade fuse on the positive, and the victron lead plug. I can apparently order it from Australia (it could take months in transit), but I think I can build one with parts available at an electronics supply.

Outside of the physical locations of the pos/neg/neg on the xlr adapter, is there any reason that a correctly wired lead-to-xlr adapter woudn't work to charge the lifepo4 batteries via the scooter's charge port?

Any advice is appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic