question

ranger-rick avatar image
ranger-rick asked

Using a jumper in the Lynx Distributor

Because the Lynx requires Mega fuses and Mega fuses usually begin at 80 or 100 amps, Can I use a jumper in place of the mega fuse and then run the two +/- wires from the Lynx to a 40amp midi fuse or 40a resettable breaker and continue the wires onto the the 30 amp load?

I have an open set of posts on my Lynx and I hope this setup will work instead of having to add + and negative busbars outside my Lynx. Thank you.

lynx distributor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
xxn5ac avatar image
xxn5ac answered ·

Yes you can do this. Of course the wire exiting the Lynx will not be fused until it gets to a fuse so be sure you’re OK with this in your installation. Alternatively, and depending on the wire size, you could also just run the wire further into the Lynx and tie it to the + bus bar. This has the same effect and doesn’t require a jumper. If your wire size is large, though, the fused side post may get in your way.

I went straight to the bus-bar with a 4/0 gauge wire and this works fine, but it curves a little around the fused side post.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.