question

apo avatar image
apo asked

Cannot physically connect Bluesolar MPPT 71/15 with VE direct smart dondle

I have a BlueSolar MPPT 75/15 charge controller and I have bought a VE direct smart dongle to connect. My problem is the plug on the Dongle (Male) and the plug on the MPPT (female) are not compatible. Really cannot understand the problem

VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart Dongle
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Apo

Did you take the jumper out of the port?

There is only one orientation it goes in. Flip it over and try the other way if it does not go in immediately

There are two grooves at the back of the port on the mppt, on the ve direct you can see the locating ridges, they slide there.

img-20220803-200411.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

apo avatar image
apo answered ·

No, this could probably be the answer. The MPPT is installed in a very tight spot and I dont have good visibility of the port. I felt the male was different size (tried both ways) but maybe the jumper is in there. Will check next time at the boat. Thank you

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic