question

sweyn avatar image
sweyn asked

Multiplus SOC

My Multiplus never leaves absorbtion stage and shows blank in the SOC section.

My system is a Victron Smart 200Ah LiFePo4, CerboGX, Multiplus 12/800/35, Lynx SmartBMS and Distributer, Orion DC DC Charger, Smart MPPTs

It is set up as DVCC.

How do I get the Multiplus to see the SOC?

On another question, when I start the engine, the DC DC Charger goes to BULK initially even if other chargers are at Absorbtion. Am I missing something to make the parts all play nice together?

45aaaca6-e8f2-48df-bad7-f7db4a35b224.jpeg 52e70126-0a3d-4287-b552-4f431cffac60.jpeg

Multiplus-IISOCDVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

The Multiplus doesnt need that information, neither any other controller, as they are slaves to DVCC, the BMS is the master, that knows everything. The slaves just receive orders to adjust voltage an current or to stop working - they don't use their local intelligence any more and don't care about SOC.

The internal SOC calculation is only needed when the system contains only a battery and a Multiplus, no battery monitor and no other charge sources, it is not very precise anyway - and you should turn it off in the settings if you have a battery monitor or a BMS, that provides the information.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sweyn avatar image sweyn commented ·

Thanks. Any advice as to why it never goes to float?

1 Like 1 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Sweyn

The mtillus inter SOC must ve configured to see SOC in the multiplus menu.

The DC to DC has no information from the system, so it will be charging based in its own parameters set.

How many amps is it putting unto the system when the DC charger is in bulk?

1 comment
2 |3000

sweyn avatar image sweyn commented ·
I can’t find a setting where I can configure the Multiplus to see SOC?

Thanks for the update re the DC DC charger.

It drops off Bulk quite quickly.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources