question

rb-wingman avatar image
rb-wingman asked

Can I Use Multiplus and Blue Smart IP22 12-Volt 30 amp simultaneously while on shore power?

Newbie. I have a Multiplus 3000/50/120 and a Blue Smart IP22 30 amp charger. Can I charge my 400ah battery bank with both simultaneously? If yes, best place to hook up Smart charger?

Thanks much!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@RB Wingman

Yes if your battery bank is able to take the conbined charging amps of both the inverter and the second charger of you are planning on using them at the same time.

And where you connect it depends on if you have a shunt or not.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

obyhun avatar image obyhun commented ·
But how would they synchronize charging? Blue Smart Charger IP22 has Smart Network capability to hook up with other Victron devices for simultaneous charging. But Multiplus does not support Smart Network. Only DVCC via GX device.
0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas obyhun commented ·
Each device would follow it's own charging settings.
1 Like 1 ·
obyhun avatar image obyhun derrick thomas commented ·
Thanks! Is there a way to achieve synchronization with additional hardware? I’ve spent a couple of hours researching and came to conclusion, that probably there’s no way.
0 Likes 0 ·
rb-wingman avatar image
rb-wingman answered ·

@Alexandra - thanks. I do have a victron smart shunt. How does that impact where I connect smart charger? Thanks.

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I am assuming your inverter is also a 12v. And you are not using the mutliplus to run the smart charger but shore power (you may laugh I have seen it - add face slap emoji here)

Connect the negative to the shunt on the charger/loads side.

For the positive to either the bus bar for positive or the battery terminal (this depends on how stacked it is already though. If you do stack add it on top of the inverter lug not under.

And dont forget to fuse it

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Don't forget a fuse close to the battery to protect the wiring to the IP22.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic