question

raymiller avatar image
raymiller asked

MulitPlus2 Firmware 2611497 - Phantom Low Voltage Alarm when computer connects.

My MultiPlus 2 gives a Phantom Low Voltage alarm (and inverter shuts down or switches back to incoming mains) when I connect my computer to the VE.BUS - USB Mk3 (after removal of VE.BUS cable from Cerbo) with either Victron Connect or VE.configer software only when I enter into that part of either program which can alter any MulitPlus2 settings. The low voltage alarm and inverter response occur anywhere from 54seconds to a couple of minutes.

The system voltage is nominal and has no problem.

This Low voltage alarm (and inverter switching) has not occurred in earlier <491-2 firmware versions. Interestingly when I then disconnect the MulitPlus VE.BUS back to the Cerbo the low voltage alarm is reset after a few seconds, and with it the inverter functions normally.

I have repeated the problem many times and each time only after entering the password which would allow me to change any inverter setting, even though no changes were made.

I'm using an Apple Mac book Pro M1 and also using Parallels with Windows 11 operating VE.config.

I thought the Fantom Low Voltage Alarm issue with the latest Firmware 2611497 had been solved some time ago? My system has been working otherwise nominally for many months and exhibits the Fantom Low Voltage Alarm ONLY when connecting an external computer and trying to make changes with the inverter settings.

Question - Is the low voltage alarm related to the external voltage being sent from the BMV-712? My inverter is not set up for external voltage control but is certainly behaving as it is dependent on the voltage being sent by the battery monitor BMV-712. (I have set my MPPTs to accept voltage control from my battery monitor BMV-712.)

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers