question

thechad avatar image
thechad asked

Dynamic Power Assist? MP-II

I've been experimenting with power assist on our multiplus-ii while on 50A RV hookups. The idea is to use the 2000W of solar we have on the roof to supplement power and save $$.

Of course, I can just set the limit to 10A, and it will use solar to supplement (only line 1 on 50A - split phase). This works okay as there is only one AC on line 1 with the other 2 on line 2 (unassisted).

This runs fine until we run a few more items on line 1 and get an overload condition. And solar is not used at all when at or under 10A.

What would be AWESOME is a dynamic power assist setting where, instead of a current limit, I set an assist limit, letting the inverter pull as much shore power as needed and get the assist limit from the DC side (solar/batteries).

Even better would be to let the CerboGX handle this and change the setting based on solar output.

Does anything close to this exist?

Does the CerboGX have an API that can be accessed to get data and change settings?

I can't be the only one wanting to get just the right mix of shore power and solar to maximize solar use....

powerassist
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@TheChad

Yes something like that does exist It is called ESS. Unfortunately not really meant to be used in mobile applications.

Like you were saying you want a reverse dynamic current limit. Would be interesting...

Have you tried using virtual switch to ignire ac for loads under you solar then connect above that, with obviously battery options?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic