question

andywb avatar image
andywb asked

How to unplug temperature sensor from Victron Multiplus (new style)

Hello,

I recently bought a new style Victron Multiplus, the 70A / 1600.

In a few days I'll need to take it to a fabricator and get a steel plate or frame made up, so it'll fit in the same place as the old Victron Combi, but I thought I'd take it out the box and test it first. Great! It works!

Initially I didn't connect the temperature sensor because I couldn't see how to unplug it again when needing to remove and resite the Multiplus, but I started to feel guilty about charging the batteries without it in this hot weather.

Alas, my fears were justified - I connected the temperature sensor and now can't disconnect it again! What do I do, please? It seems very firmly seized by some hidden metal pins and firm pulling has no effect.

There seem to be little orange plastic thingies below each retaining hole, which look like they might be releases, but I also had little luck pressing them with a small flatbladed screwdriver.

Can anyone advise, please?

Temperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Yes, press the orange parts with a screwdriver firmly. You normally press to open up before inserting the wires as well.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor