question

subzero avatar image
subzero asked

Multiplus Compact 12/2000 fault

Please help me figure out what went bad on a Multiplus Compact 12/2000. The inverter works as expected. However, the charger does not come on and the unit does not connect to shore power. I have tried multiple sources for the shore power and check the wiring. The unit worked previously without any issues.

When I plug in shore power, the DMC flashes the blue "mains" light and I can hear a relay briefly engage then disengage. It does this three times, then nothing.

On Victron Connect, I see AC voltage available at 60hz (at the house it showed 120V, this photo was when it was plugged into a generator where is shows 128V)

I have checked and double checked the wiring, nothing has changed. I updated firmware and checked the setting and even tried a few different configurations, but nothing works. It just clicks some relay, then shows fault.

As I mentioned, it worked before. I don't know what changed or why is won't work now.

Thanks for looking.victron-connect-fault.jpg

ac
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I had a similar problem with a compact 24/1600, this turned out to be some burnt out relays and corrosion on the AC board.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic