question

Bill avatar image
Bill asked

How do I turn off my Cerbo using my local WiFi?

I had to turn WiFi on when my Ethernet connection was having an intermittent issue, I have replaced my switch and the Ethernet is back being stable again. Now I cannot figure out how to shut off the Cerbo also connecting to my network via the WiFi. Its on my network with two IP addresses currently and of course its WiFi security is WPA2, not WPA3. I am not using the cerbo as an AP. So a prior post is not relevant. I could block it at my AP, but that seems a bit dumb. There must be a way to turn the WiFi off on the Cerbo so it doesn't keep connecting to my network via WiFi. Although a way to have it off till the Ethernet connection has an issue and then automatically start and connect would be pretty good. -Bill

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

If I understand you correctly, you are worried about unnecessary WiFi data when ethernet available.

From the Cerbo manual:

3.7. Connecting both Ethernet and Wi-Fi (failover) It is possible to connect the Cerbo GX to both Ethernet and Wi-Fi. In this case, the Cerbo GX will try to determine which interface provides an active internet connection and then use that interface. When both have an active internet connection, the Ethernet connection is used. The Cerbo GX will automatically check again for active internet connections when something changes on the interfaces.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

Have you ever looked in the settings menu? Go to WiFi, select the connection, look in the details, click forget.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
But he wants it to work in standby...
0 Likes 0 ·