question

variationofsolarusername avatar image
variationofsolarusername asked

How can I increase the SOC value's accuracy?

I have Quattro 48/8000/110-2x100 rev2 with a Color Control GX and an MPPT 250/100 rev2, charging 6 48V liFePo batteries (no comms). I'm finding the SOC varies wildly, with the generator kicking in on low voltage while the SOC is displaying 60%. What is the easiest way to keep SOC accurate?

SOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Gerardo avatar image
Gerardo answered ·

Hi,

The SOC the GX might be displaying comes from the "battery monitor" feature of the Quattro, which is not accurate if you also have other devices connected to the DC side like MPPTs.

In order to have a more accurate SOC reading, you need to add a shunt into your system in the negative side of the battery. I would recommend you a Victron Smartshunt. You will also need a Ve.Direct cable to connect the shunt to the GX device.

Keep in mind thta the shunt needs to be configured with your battery's specs like Ah, charged voltage, etc. There is another post with proper settings for smartshunt with lithium batteries.

Good luck!

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@Variationofsolarusername

Victron have more than one shunt, depending on your needs. If you have a Lynx distribution installed, there's a Lynx shunt. BMVs like the 712 have a shunt and can connect direct to the Cerbo.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic