question

mr-bear avatar image
mr-bear asked

Quattro -II used with a car v2l

I have a Hyundai Ioniq 5 which has V2L (vehicle 2 Load) capability of 3.6KW 230V, I would like to use this capability to supplement a ESS system based on Victron Quattro 2 with 16KWH of BYD batteries. The system would be grid based in the UK, the intension to storage cheap off peak energy and use during peak.

Question 1 Can the Quattro 2 accept in effect a 2nd input where you expect a generator to be if the the grid is live which would be the car V2L 3.6KW 230V output? And can it prioritise this ?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESS
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paul-b avatar image paul-b commented ·
Did you manage to connect the V2L output successfully to your Quattro?
0 Likes 0 ·
poplargrove avatar image poplargrove commented ·
Did you get the V2L feeding in ok? Currently can’t get my BYD V2L to connect (trips the power board) so hoping for any tips you may have?
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

From the manual:

AC-in-2

A second AC input cable can be connected to the terminal block ‘AC-in-2’. If AC voltage is present on these terminals, the Quattro will use this connection, unless voltage is also present on AC-in-1. The Quattro will then automatically select AC-in-1. Generally the mains supply or shore voltage will be connected to AC-in-2.

AC1 is always prioritised over AC2 and both won't be used simultaneously.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.