question

andyrlm avatar image
andyrlm asked

Combining products on a VE.bus

I have two parallel multis connected to a Venus GX by VE.bus. I would like to also connect a Phoenix inverter compact by VE.bus, but can't find any guidance on combining these. Can I add the inverter onto the existing chain at the opposite end to the Venus GX (my easiest option)? Or should it go direct to the Venus and use the second VE.bus port? Or doesn't it matter?

Many thanks.

Multiplus-IIPhoenix InverterVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It is not intended to connect more than one VE.Bus system to the Venus device. Only one system can be the "energy hub" where the energy flow in/out or to and from the battery.
The two paralleled units comprise one system.

Having said that, a second VE.Bus device or system could be connected to the Venus device via a MK3-USB dongle. However, the device would only show up in the menus for casual perusal of its functions. Its energy throughput would not be combined with that of the main VE.Bus device / system.

The best way is to connect the second VE.Bus device to its own Venus device (could be a RaspberryPi running Venus). Then it will be on its own system where it will be the hub for energy transfer for that system.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andyrlm avatar image andyrlm commented ·
Thanks, that's perfect. I only want to monitor it as a secondary device, so the MK3 dongle will be fine.
0 Likes 0 ·