question

jetstram61 avatar image
jetstram61 asked

Absorption Voltage peaked higher than VE config setting ?

Hi All,

We wanted to charge the batteries to 100% for the first time yesterday, using solar.

We have set the absorption voltage to 55.2 and the float voltage to 53.6 (using a well known german chaps settings) We made the changes in VE config.

The voltage was stable around the 53V level for the most of the day and then as expected began to climb as the batteries reached high SOC, however instead of stopping at 55.2 the voltage continued to climb quickly and by the time it reached 58V my wife who was monitoring the charge took fright and switched it off.

When i returned home and switched it back on again over an hour later it went straight to float of 53.6 and showed 100% SOC.

I am going to try again today to see if this re-occurs, meantime can anyone shed any light on whether this is normal or not or whether we have missed a setting somewhere ?

Set up -

Multiplus 2 48/3000, Venus OS (pi), ESS parallel AC configured, 100A current sensor, 4kw existing solar array grid tied dumb inverter, (No loads on outputs from multi). 280Ah 48V 16cell EVE battery with JK BMS.

Thanks for all the help and input.

Multiplus-IIESSVenus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Meine_Energiewende avatar image
Meine_Energiewende answered ·

Is your JK-BMS "talking" to the System ? If is is: which values are reported für CCL/CVL/DVL ? Is DVCC activated ?

Jens

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jetstram61 avatar image jetstram61 commented ·
Hi,

BMS not talking to system and DVCC not activated.

Does this help ? - dont think the BMS is capable of talking to the system.

Cheers

0 Likes 0 ·
Meine_Energiewende avatar image Meine_Energiewende jetstram61 commented ·

JK BMS ist able to talk to the cerbo via:

https://github.com/Louisvdw/dbus-serialbattery

At that Point JK BMS is able to tell the MP2 via DVCC what to do (reduce charge current etc).

Jens

0 Likes 0 ·