question

xpatrik avatar image
xpatrik asked

Setting up a new ESS system. I have couple of questions.

So I'm going to be setting up a new victron ess system and i have a couple of questions. Here are my system details and questions:

System:

- MultiPlus-II 48/3000VA
- BlueSolar 100/20 (48v)
- SmartShunt 500A
- 50AH Li-ION battery (15S 45-63V)
- RPI3 as venus device

Here are my questions:

1- If i set "Limit inverter power" to 1000W what will happen when the grid is lost? Is this setting ignored or will the inverter shut down on overload?

2- If my ess mode is set to "Optimized (without BatteryLife)" and my "Minimum SOC (unless grid fails)" is set to 50% what will happen when my battery is 50% but i have 400W solar power on the mppt. Will the 400W go to inverter to assist my 1000W load (so 400w from solar and 600W from grid) or will it just charge the battery?

3- Just to confirm grid code for Slovakia should be "Europe: EN50549-1"? right?

ESSgridsolar
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi

1 This ignonred and will supply the laods at the inverter max loads power.

2 Yes it will assist the inverter first before battery.

3 That i dont't know as i am in New Zealand

Regards

Rob D

NZ

1 Like 1 ·
xpatrik avatar image xpatrik Rob Duthie commented ·
Thanks for replying, Is there a way to somehow set the inverter not to output power when the grid is lost? I dont want to pull all the load from my small battery and possibly damage it from discharging very fast.

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Fijn avatar image Rob Fijn xpatrik commented ·
When the gird is lost, the internal relay will disconnect the AC-in. So not possible to push any energy out via AC-in.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

What is ESS training video

ESS Quick Installation Guide

ESS design and installation manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic