question

mikeh avatar image
mikeh asked

MK3 USB adaptor connection to Android 7 phone

I am trying to connect a Sony Z3 phone running Android 7.1.1 to a 12/3000 Multiplus inverter using VictronConnect v5.61 with a MK3 USB adapter. VictronConnect starts to search for devices but fails to see the inverter. It finds the BMV700 meter over bluetooth ok.

I know the MK3 USB adapter works as I have used it to connect a Windows 10 laptop using Victron Configure.

Have I missed something

This adapter is left plugged into the inverter all the time - is this OK to do or should it be removed after use.

MK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi @MikeH

I assume that you are using a proper USB OTG cable to connect the MK3 to the phone? What happens when you insert a USB stick into the OTG cable? Does the phone recognize the stick?

I also found some information online that says that it is necessary to let Android look USB devices via Settings > Device connection > USB Connectivity > Detect USB device .

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic