question

fgs-energie avatar image
fgs-energie asked

Battery protect

Hello everyone,

I have a 24Vcc system (lights, nothing big) and I was thinking of getting a SmartSolar MPPT with Load support.

The question is: can I install a MPPT without the load output and simply connecting a SmartBattery Protect to handle my system?
Next year there will be a Multiplus too.

Many thanks,

Mike

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alistair Warburton avatar image
Alistair Warburton answered ·

I am not a Victron expert or dealer but I have been using the stuff for some time and I am pretty sure that the switched load connections of the smart solar products are optional.

I just checked the documentation fore my Easy Solar package and the MPTT in that is only connected to the battery bus. The associated inverter is 5kVA so could not possibly be connected via the MPPT.

I am cautious about giving definitive answers but I am not aware of anything that mandates connecting the load switch on MPPT controllers and I am confident that the one I have is configured with only the battery and PV connected.

I have no experience of the battery protect but common sense suggests it will protect a battery and not interact with the MPPT directly at all.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.