question

glennsa avatar image
glennsa asked

Error mk2vsc-46 after MultiPlus-II firmware update

An error is displayed after updating firmware on my MultiPlus-II 48/5000/70-48 from v496 to v497:

'Uploaded file does not match model and/or installed firmware version' Error: mk2vsc-46

Prior to the update I downloaded the Remote VEConfigure file "c0619ab040ab_inst_ttyS3_Interfaces_Mk2_Tunnel", so I have the original settings for v496.

Please help - what do I do now?

Thanks!

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
glennsa avatar image
glennsa answered ·

The v497 firmware had to be re-flashed over serial before the inverter would work again. It could not be done remotely.

This is the second time that the settings were not upgraded correctly after a firmware upgrade, and had to be recreated manually using VE.Bus System Configurator.

We are currently having up to 11 hours of power grid outages daily in South Africa, and inverter downtime like this is not welcome. The upgrade was only done to fix incorrect "Overload L1 warnings".
2022-07-05-1.png

Victron should test this and are welcome to get in contact.

2022-07-05-1.png (50.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Luit Jan avatar image
Luit Jan answered ·

I'm having the same problem. After an update this morning of the Quattro I can't upload the rvsc file anymore. Before the update I downloaded it from the Quattro and after update I want to upload without doing any changes on the file.

I get this error message as mentioned above.

Is there someone with a solution for this?

2 |3000

Luit Jan avatar image
Luit Jan answered ·

Solved it but this was not easy....

After the update to 497 I couldn't upload the previous downloaded file anymore. Only after I downloaded a new file, added all the enhancements again from scratch it was possible to upload again.

Strange...

2 |3000