question

summerland avatar image
summerland asked

Power Assist - Limits and Voltages

I have a 30A camper at a seasonal site with terrible power. My plan is too get a MultiPlus with PowerAssist to limit the shore to 12A and have the batteries make up the rest during peak demand. This would be about 5-7amps at various times of day, and up to 3 hours at a time.

A) Does the PowerAssist have any limitations outside of my battery bank being sized to do this, time wise?

B) I know it supplements current, but what does it do with the voltage. Our park is terrible, I run a Hughes just to keep the voltage above 100V in the trailer during full load (17A with the AC on, no inrush I have a ramped soft start). If I can limit the shore to providing 10-12A we would be at 105-110V during the worst periods. Does the Assist also attempt to boost the voltage to 120V or just match the incoming.

The spec sheet shows charger voltage can be down to 95VAC incoming but doesn't say much about what the assist does with that.

I just want to make sure the unit I pick can handle what we are asking it to do. I had limited experience with the ICGP2000 and its PowerShare would treat the 105VAC coming in as a problem with shore and constantly fully switch us over to batteries.

Thanks!

Ryan

powerassistshorepower
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

It matches the incoming voltage as long as it is within the min / max range input in the settings. It can not boost the voltage, because if it did then shore power could not flow into the higher voltage system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic