question

dionne avatar image
dionne asked

When connecting the ve bus cable to the ccgx the multi inverters turn off why ? Cannot connect the ccgx now?

Multis connected three off in three phase system

CCGX Color Control
7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lourens avatar image lourens commented ·

Hi Guys!

I have experienced the same problem today on installation. As soon as I connect the RJ45 cable from the VE Bus of the CCGX to the VE Bus on the multi 3000, the multi switches off within 3 seconds. I have updated the multi and the CCGX to the latest firmware, but it haven’t made a difference. I also changed the RJ45 cable with a new one.

Any feedback please?

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ lourens commented ·

What did you try already?
did you read all comments in this thread?

0 Likes 0 ·
lourens avatar image lourens boekel ♦ commented ·

Hi Boekel.

Yes I have tried all of these comments. As soon as I insert the RJ45 cable connecting the CCGX and the multi, the inverter kicks out. But it does not stay off, it tries to restart but as soon as it kicks in, it kicks out again. Only when the network cable is disconnected, the inverter runs smooth.

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ lourens commented ·

does it show up in the device list?

if not maybe contact your distributor to find out what is wrong.

0 Likes 0 ·
lourens avatar image lourens boekel ♦ commented ·

Yes it does show up in device list.

I took the inverter off. I think something is wrong on the network card of the inverter. I plugged another CCGX into it and the problem stayed the same. I will do a warranty claim on the inverter

0 Likes 0 ·
mikeb avatar image mikeb commented ·

Hi

Out of interest is this the same system you have had the error 17’s on?

Regards

Mike

0 Likes 0 ·
lourens avatar image lourens mikeb commented ·

Hi Mike.

No, my system only has one inverter installed. I think an error code 17 only applies if there is a slave inverter.

I think my inverter has an issue on the network card, that is why it kicks out when connecting the CCGX to it. Will let you know.

Regards,

Lourens

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi Dionne, does the CCGX show the Multi’s in the device list?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dionne avatar image dionne commented ·

Cannot see as the inverters turn off immediately when the ve bus cable is connected

0 Likes 0 ·
Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan dionne commented ·

The CCGX can take control of a system once connected, including turning it off. In my experience, if all components (CCGX and Multi’s) have been updated to latest firmware they will cooperate nicely. Have you done the basics, including changing out the RJ45 cable?

0 Likes 0 ·
dionne avatar image dionne Murray van Graan commented ·

Yes changed cable no difference

As soon as you disconnect the vebus cable the inverters turn back on ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan dionne commented ·

Have you tried a different CCGX?

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

If the inverter turns off, it should still be visible in the device list, and you can turn it on there.

Are there any other VE.bus devices in the system? (BMS, control panels, etc.)

1 comment
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

Like this:

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

If the MultPlus is not 'detected' & shown in the device list then you could try either of the two actions below that normally sort out any communication/detection issues;

1- With the MultiPlus switchd ON select 'Re-detect System' (in the MultiPlus menu)

2- With the MutiPlus switched ON 'Reboot' the CCGX (under Settings -> General > Reboot)

2 |3000