question

rakker avatar image
rakker asked

Multiplus firmware updated, now all LEDs flash

I have a 5kVA multiplus ProductId 1959. Is came with firmware 143. I upgraded the firmware to 159. VE.flash worked up to the last point where it verified the firmaware and then reported a general error.

I used a MK2usb to do the update. I disconnected the CCGX during update process.

Now all the LEDs on the unit flash. The unit is providing output power. If I connect the CCGX it shows that the unit software was updated to 1959159, which is should be.

Any ideas how I fix the LEDs from flashing?

Additional info from CCGX:

Product Id: 1959

Firmware version: 159

Device instance: 257

VE.Bus version: 1959159

MK2 device: MK3

MK2 version: 1170204

Regards

Riaan van Wyk

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Check all the settings in your VE config and maybe reset everything to default and these test

also lookup the Victron toolkit and compare the flashing light sequence to the error associated as that may give you a clue.

the victron toolkit is a app that can be downloaded and installed to your phone, its free in the android or apple stores

Also check the units dip switchs are correctly set

and you could try redoing the flash again as well so that there is no error

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dangermouse avatar image
dangermouse answered ·

HI,

I had similar issues updating an older chip.

As stated check the DIP switches there is a specific setting for these

2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Have you tried a different PC / Laptop?

In this question here, Creswell managed to solve this problem by using a different laptop when using VE.Flash:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/13828/quattro-10kw-firmware-update-problem.html

1 comment
2 |3000

rakker avatar image rakker commented ·

Thanks for the link to a similar problem. I did try different cables and 2 laptops. Still the same problem. I am now wondering if the problem is not with the latest VE.Flash and the older mk2.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic