question

neki avatar image
neki asked

Charging lithium whit alternator

Hallo

Im looking a way to ad one more altenator to charge a 10x 200AH 24V bank.

My goal is to get at least 120A on 24 V from it, but cant find a curent limiter or dc-dc charger so big that it will do the job.

I dont want puting 20 of orions for that 2 altenators ( 2 engines), so im looking for single device it can do that.

Money is not a problem, just to have some simpliest and solid solution.

Any advice will be good.

P.s. there is 2 banks of agm motor battery for preventing a spikes if bms cut of servis.

battery chargingLithium Batteryalternator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Some members recommend Waveshare, needs an alternator mod.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·
Do you mean Wakespeed WS500 which can inegrate with some BMS models
0 Likes 0 ·
neki avatar image
neki answered ·

The battery are

10 x Lithium - Ion HE Battery Victron 24V - 200Ah

Bms MG LV 1000A

Chargers

2 pararell quattro 24/8000

Motors

Man V12 1900

- So any aliexpress solution is out of question, i have a feeling that i would insult the boat so that it would blow by himself if i do that. :) it just to exspensive to even try to play like that.

Im not 100 % sure can i just put a cyrix and thats it, by the sheme on victron it should be ok, but... let say just taht it have that but.

Is there any altenators which are made for that purpuse, so they can do the job alone?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

VictronConnect VE.Bus charging manual