question

jerrylcaldwell avatar image
jerrylcaldwell asked

When using the charge current control assistant is the charge amperage limited to 90 or can it be set to the max of 120 on a MultiPlus 3000/120/12

I am using charge current control" assistant to turn my charger on and off. I see any value above 90 amps goes red when entering the setting. I have 3 106 AH batteries so my max charge rate can be 120 amps. Am I limited to 90 amps when using the assistant?

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

In the basic multi settings is an input current limit which controls AC in. This may be too low.

5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jerrylcaldwell avatar image jerrylcaldwell commented ·

My RV only has a 30 amp system so the AC input is limited to 30 amps. I normally have the dc charge amps set to 120 and it has never been a problem. I noticed any value above 90 in the charge current control" assistant shows red, so curious as to why.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ jerrylcaldwell commented ·
Usually in VE configure, changed, but unsaved settings change to red. Saving moves them back to black. I'm not sure if this applies to your assistant.

I hope you're not going to pump 120A into 318Ah of lead acid.

0 Likes 0 ·
jerrylcaldwell avatar image jerrylcaldwell kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

No, 120A into 618AH of lithium iron phosphate. 40A for each 206AH battery.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ jerrylcaldwell commented ·
Did saving do the trick?
0 Likes 0 ·
jerrylcaldwell avatar image jerrylcaldwell kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Yes it did. Thanks for the input.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic