question

ako avatar image
ako asked

I sensor 2 pieces of Equipment

Has anyone tried using one Temperature sensor to connect to an MPPT and a Multiplus . My MPPT is 1 mtr from the batteries and the Multiplus within 50cm of that so the insulation on the cable could be stripped away at the point it enters the MPPT then continue on to the Multiplus .

Temperature Sensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @AKO,

This will not work as the temperature sensor itself is at the end of the sensor cable.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

Not a good idea. You will be connecting together the temperature sensing circuitry in the two different devices. I would not expect it to work and it might well cause damage.

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

This might help, depending on your setup.

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2018/03/22/voltage-temperature-sense-for-solar-chargers/

If you have a GX device, the standard multiplus temp sensor will be able to do what you want.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron temperature sensor disambiguation table - which product supports which sensor