question

arboldoly avatar image
arboldoly asked

Victron Multiplus 3000/35/16 inverter display lower voltage from measured voltage at terminal

I have a multi 3000/48/35/16. I have recently noted that the measured voltage at the terminal(52v) is always lower than the voltage the inverter is displaying(49.5v) in this case. Is this normal? If not wht would be the issue

multiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@arboldoly

What meter are you using? If it is not a good calibrated one then dont trust the meter.

If not then check your lugs and connections there is possibly a bad contact and bigh resistance there.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

arboldoly avatar image arboldoly commented ·

I found one of the terminals where you screw the lugs was faulty. Connected to the spare terminal and all looks good now

0 Likes 0 ·
arboldoly avatar image
arboldoly answered ·

Hi, So the meter is a fluke so i am confident it is giving me the right readings. I have a Cerbo GX and an MPPT 150/100 as well. There are no battery monitors or shunts. One other observation is the measurement taken using the meter is the same as the DC voltage that the DC voltage displayed by the MPPT, however the inverter displays a different voltage. The MPPT,battery and inverter all share a common DC bus

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Are you using a VE bus Smart Dongle?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic